Recordings of classes do not only consume time, but also money for staff and equipment. Thanks to the support from Studienzuschüsse (study grants) currently 30 new classes can be recorded. Because of limited personnel there are still bottle necks from time to time and delays in production and provisioning.
If you are interested in a class to be recorded, please contact the following people and thus support us with future additional tasks:
- contact the teacher of the class
- contact the student bodies
- the associated commission for study grants
- contact the MultiMediaZentrum
- contact the appropriate professional bodies
- contact the appropriate commission for study grants
i. via IdM:
All students and employees at FAU own an user-id, called IdM-Kennung which is used for a lot of services. Media that is marked with "protected by IdM-sign-on") can be freely accessed with this user-id. Such media does not require access via StudOn.
ii. via StudOn
In order to have access to such material you must first authenticate yourself at the E-Learning-Portal "StudOn" (www.studon.uni-erlangen.de) of the University and must also have registered for that class. You will find a dedicated link in your StudOn class you been registered for. Before you can even sign in to "StudOn", you must be a member of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (student/employee, etc.).
iii. via password
There may also just be a password protection for a course or a video clip. The course owner must then provide the password to interested users. These days this is not really a convincing mechanism for protection, but it allows access to international meetings also for participants that are not members of the FAU.
We provide media with state "free" or "protected". If you want to download a "free" media file, please start playing the file. Afterwards you will find a small cycle in the lower right corner with an arrow.
Listing of a course and its associated media files as "protected" means that these videos can only be made available after authentication via StudOn and then also only online - meaning with an active connection to the network. Such media files cannot be downloaded.
Courses for students are made available "as soon as possible", normally within 1-2 working days.
Lectures that are produced in cooperation with the Bayerischer Rundfunk (Ringvorlesung, Collegium Alexandrinum) may take several months before they become available, because the BR owns the right to broadcast them first. Once the recording has been broadcast on BR-television it can be offered via the video portal.
Please do not contact us for questions such as "when will course xy be available"! With approximately 30 courses per week there may sometimes be slight delays.
Yes! This is possible for media that was produced at the University and where all copyright issues have been cleared. All meta data must be available so that the media can be accessed over a long period of time. And only when the following questions have been answered
- Is it a production of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg?
- Are all copyrights to all material available?
- Is the necessary meta data available?
- Where can the material be accessed and how can it be transferred to MMZ?
For selfuploading videos please have a look at:
(german only ...)
In order to facilitate a targeted search or selection for certain media files for users it is necessary to have search criteria key words. A short description of the content is also an asset.
Of course information concerning author, speaker, date and title of the event must also be listed.
- Short abstract
- Date and semester
- Owner, producer, client or chair/faculty
Usually a large number of variations is being offered, but the formats also depend on what could actually be recorded during the event.
- M4V - H.264, 1920x1080, 2.6 MBit - video + audio + slides
- M4V - H.264, 1280x720, 1.8 MBit - video + audio + slides
- M4V - H.264, 1920x1080, 2.6 MBit - video + audio
- M4V - H.264, 1280x720, 1.8 MBit - video + audio
- M4V - H.264, 640x360, 900 kBit - video + audio
- MP3 - 64 kBit, Mono - audio only
You are now able to switch between different styles or resolution manually within the playern. Search for "clip media" in the lower right corner of the player.
In some cases slides are also offered individually as pdf or can be downloaded from the Homepage of the professor or chair.
This depends on the system that is being used to maintain the webpage:
- Blog system of the FAU
- Go to the video in the video portal
- copy the "watch video" link of the desired format
- insert link into blog contribution (in text mode). The video will then be automatically embedded.
- if you use WordPress::
- download fau-oembed-Plugin from https://github.com/RRZE-Webteam/fau-oembed.git
- install plugin on webpage
- for automatic embedding of the video please refer to the section "blog system of the FAU"
- all other systems: simply copy the code for embedding and add to the appropriate page.
the iframe-code is displayed when you click on the symbol "Share Video" on the upper right corner of the player.
Please note: Only publicly accessible videos can be embedded on other pages, not video with access restrictions!
yes! We are using the JWplayer which offers the following:
|space bar||Pause / Play|
|Enter||Pause / Play|
|arrow up/down||volume increased / decreased 10%|
|arrow keys left / right||jump ahead/back 5 seconds|
|0 - 9||jump to X percent|
|f||full screen mode|
|c||subtitles (if available)|
Please fill in the Declaration of consent for a recording form and send by email to: Multimediazentrum@fau.de
Please contact us for additional questions.
Of course we also love to hear your suggestions and are always open for both praise and critical reviews - please send to email@example.com.